- 233314 notes
- 10:19 am
guys are so terrifying like they will really date a girl as a joke or make bets in their friend groups on who can fuck a girl first or take her virginity and that’s so scary this is a joke to them
- 102425 notes
- 10:15 am
Other Fandom: It’s okay, you know my favorite character died too.
The Supernatural Fandom:
- 116235 notes
- 10:14 am
bless the followers who tolerate your 95% fandom posts that aren’t even their fandom
- 149525 notes
- 10:11 am
- (I work the floor at an independently-owned menswear store. The owner, my boss, spends a lot of time at the shop, and tries to keep prices as low as possible to help our city’s large homeless population get good job interview clothes. A clearly homeless man is wandering around the store. The other patrons are giving him looks.)
- Customer: “Excuse me, sir?”
- Me: “Yes, ma’am?”
- Customer: “I think you may want to call security. That… bum over there, he keeps feeling the suits and muttering to himself. I’m just sure he’s planning to steal one.”
- Me: “Well, ma’am, I think that’s quite unlikely.”
- Customer: “Oh, come on, you know how they are! I mean, I’d keep an eye on him even if he wasn’t homeless!”
- (The homeless man in question happens to be Hispanic.)
- Me: “We don’t discriminate here, ma’am.”
- Customer: “Well, I’m sure the owner would want to hear about this!”
- (I give in and call him over. The customer explains her concerns. As a black man, my boss isn’t happy with her racism, but agrees to talk to the homeless man.)
- Owner: “Excuse me, sir, are you finding what you need?”
- Homeless Man: “Well, not really. I’m hoping for something versatile in a dark or navy wool, but most of the options in my size are cut American style instead of European, which fits me a little better. Not to mention they’re all pinstriped, which I really don’t have the build for, you know?”
- Owner: “I… yes, I understand. I think we may have some options over here, if you’ll follow me. How did you know all that?”
- Homeless Man: “Back before I lost my job, I used to be really into this stuff. I’m not looking for anything fancy, just something I can use to look good for a job interview later today.”
- (My boss helps him find something he likes, and comes to the counter with him. The suit is priced at $87.)
- Homeless Man: *digging in his pockets* “Hang on, I think I’ve got enough.”
- Owner: *to me* “Take my card. I’m buying it for him.” *to the homeless man* “Here. The suit’s yours, on one condition. After your interview today, you come back and apply for a job here too. Got it?”
- Homeless Man: “I… oh my God, thank you. Thank you so much.”
- (Two years later, that formerly-homeless man is my manager, and has a little girl with his new wife—the owner’s sister.)
- 230383 notes
- 10:11 am
- People: Like no offense to asexuals or anything but I'm afraid of new sexualities coming in and making the LGBTQIAP+ longer.
- Asexual: Oh! Use MOGAI! It stands for Marginalized Orientations, Gender Alignments, and Intersex. It's more inclusive, sounds cute, and I don't think it'll get longer!
- People: And now even aromantic people are trying to get in on this? Like "A is for asexuals and aromantics, not allies". Soon it'll have to be LGBTQIAAP+! Oh yeah. Forgot agender! AAAP.
- Aromantic: We don't want to inconvenience you with our presence. That's why we already came up with a solution. Can you please switch to MOGAI?
- People: If only there was a way that we could be inclusive and not have to say a mouthful....
- Pansexual: *CHEERS MAKING LOUD NOISES* MOGAI!!!
- Person: I guess we may never know....
- 18015 notes
- 10:09 am
If someone calls you ‘ugly’ have a good comeback and say ‘excuse me, I am not a mirror’.
- 301624 notes
- 10:08 am
I’m sick of magical worlds with no technology. I want fairy run coffee shops where you can get a latte with a shot of charisma, because you’ve got a big presentation you’re worried about, or witches working at Apple selling phones that automatically appear in your pocket if you accidentally leave it somewhere, or psychics running hair salons who always know how you want your hair to look, or aura reader therapists. I just really want normalized magic in modern society
- 20067 notes
- 10:07 am
WHY WAS I UNAWARE OF THE FACT THAT “DISGRUNTLED” IS, IN FACT, THE OPPOSITE OF “GRUNTLED”
WHY DOES NOBODY USE THIS WORD
I’m so gruntled to have found this
- 182690 notes
- 10:06 am